Monday, January 5, 2009

UTAH!!!

Should have been posted on December 14th 2008:

Our family drove up to Utah to visit Grandma Whitman and to see Uncle Steven since he came home from his mission. Utah was very eventful and it was so good to see everyone. The drive there was surprisingly smooth. There was not a whole lot of crying form the back seat, there was no throwing up or blow out catastrophes. It was pretty much smooth sailing ( even though Dan and I were crazy with worry that something was bound to go wrong). When we got there we were able to fill our days up with events. The first day it started snowing (it was bone dry when we got there) and we decided to go sledding. In the pictures below you can see Tysen eating the snow. If he started complaining we just picked up some snow off the ground and gave it to him...problem fixed!! He LOVED IT!!
The next day we were able to take a little trip to Alpine, were Daniel's Grandfather, sister Sheri, and Aunt Jana are resting in peace. It was beautiful to sit and remember them and miss them, but it is wonderful to know that we will see them again.
After that we met the rest of the family in Salt Lake to go ice skating and to see the lights at Temple Square. In the pictures you can see all of the sister that were there posing with our beautiful mother. And a picture of me and my brother Steven, who just got back from the Montana mission. While we were walking around temple square we went into the conference center to hear the choir practicing their Christmas special. It was weird to see all of them in their casual clothes and to hear them being directed. They still sounded UNREAL!
We also had the chance to go skiing and snowboarding. I skied and Dan snowboarded. Last time I tried to snowboard it was a bad day for everyone. So I told Dan that I would not cause him misery this time and that I would stick to what I know...skiing. Needless to say, it was a much better day. We had so much fun going down the slopes together (even though, for a good majority of the time we were on the beginner slopes)...All I have to say is...my husband is a very, very patient man.
Lastly we went to a really fun dinosaur museum with Ty's cousin Laura and they loved playing and touching everything. You can even see a picture of them having fun in the sand pits where they dug up dino bones. We had so much fun and I was so happy to see my Mother. She is surly something spectacular! She is my hero and example and I love her spirit! I only hope that I might grow to be as wise and as loving as she is. We love you Mom!
Thanks for letting us visit!!!


1 comment:

Todd + Emily said...

STEVEN!!! Man Crystal I miss your family! steven looks GREAT!!! That is so aweomse that he is home from his mission!!