Monday, March 16, 2009

CRAWLING!?! ...WHAT!

YAY! My baby is CRAWLING! He is going to be able to READ (according to "studies")...(pshh..whatever)


We thought this day would NEVER come!!
Tysen has been Army Crawling since he was 10 months and that has been his thing till now (and he is 15 months). He goes to physical therapy 3 times a week and he has been excelling in lots of areas except for crawling. He can pull up, cruise furniture and is somewhat close to walking. And yet, he still wanted to just scoot on his tummy, pushing with only his left leg. So the therapist (just last week) decided that it might be good to just work on his walking because they thought he wasn't going to do hands and knees crawling. I guess Ty wanted to show them because yesterday morning he started doing it ,little by little, and by the end of the day he was a crawling MANIAC! It must have just clicked for him and he decided it was faster so he liked it better. He is still a little wobbly but it is so cute. I was balling while watching my little baby boy start to crawl because we have been working on it for so long!

Good for you TY-MAN!

8 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Good for you Tysen!!! You let them know that you will do it when you are darn good and ready and not a minute before! I love it when milestones are hit, that the "professionals" said would never come.

Congratulations!!!

Annie said...

Hurray! Darcy loved paper at that age {I know, weird} so we would wave it in front of her so she would crawl towards it. What were we thinking. All the milestones are so exciting with your first!

anderson.fam said...

Way to go Tysen! You show 'em who's in charge! How exciting! Nursery? Bring it on!

The Lingo Family said...

How EXCITING!!! He is so cute. My hubby and I have always admired his cool hair each week at church. (we used to be in the French Valley ward, my parents are the Kindreds)

Ruth and Chuck said...

I had to check your blog today to see if you talked about Tysen crawling. Such good news, and I would have been bawling for sure too. I can see that the phone would be a good motivator. Miriam is obsessed with phones and remotes, but only the real ones!

Joe said...

Hello!! Sorry, I just saw your comment on my blog. I actually have been following yours, I saw it on Whitney's blog, but I haven't said anything. I'm your stalker!!!! Just kidding, kinda. By the way, your little boy is the cutest thing!!!

Whitney Ormsby said...

Thats AWESOME!! i really did love the army crawl!! YAY!! TYSEN!! hes all grown up and on to crawling!! haha =) give tysen my love!!

Anonymous said...

So GOOD to see you for the brief bit at the FARDIG'S home! ;) You are amazing! I just have to say great pics! Also, I don't have a crawler yet, she might just go straight to walking?! WHO knows! How fun on that... But, UH OH!!