Thursday, October 16, 2008

MEXICO...10 dolla...ok 5 dolla...ok ok 50 cent!


For our third anniversary we took a cruise! I am deathly afraid of drowning and being in the water with fish, so I was a bit FREAKED! But, I played it cool and tried to rely on Heavenly Father to protect me from the fish.



Day 1:



We sailed the sea and got used to the boat. Poor Dan got a little queasy and we laid low for a little while. The ship had food galore (I must have gained like 10 pounds... no joke).
Day 2: Cabo!

We have more pics of Cabo but they are on our Underwater Camera and I have not developed that yet.




We ported in Cobo and went snorkeling. It was so pretty and we could swim right to the beach to hang out. The water was a little murky because there was a hurricane down the coast but there were still a lot of freaky fish. It took me a while to actually look down with the mask. Every little thing that touched me made me scream bloody murder. Dan was trying to play it cool by acting like he didn't know me..Lol. We walked around Cabo and looked at some shops, but it was soooooo HOT! Dan decided at the moment that Mexico was not his thing.

Day3: At Sea



We relaxed on the boat all day. It was fun because they always had something going on. There were shows, live bands, the pool, dancing, karaoke, and much more. Later that night we had a formal night and had fun seeing the improv show. The comedian was a HOOT!


Day 4: Ensenada


They had a tower of desserts going like 24/7. Here you see me eating like three desserts at a time...So Good!

I am a sucker for sweets. We also played BINGO before the hypnotist show (and lost).


Ok so I know that Ensenada is a dump,but we actually ended up having a lot of fun there. We took a tour around Ensenada and to the Blow Whole. There are only three huge Blow Wholes in the world and one of them is in Ensenada. It was really cool to see. Then we went down the street of shops and were bombarded by bartering Mexicans. (hence, the reason for my title). It was funny at first and then it got just plain annoying. We got really cool souvenirs for our family and headed back to the ship.

When the sun set over the water it was really amazing.




We had some more fun on the ship! They had a hypnotist show (Which was not convincing...but really funny) and we were presented with a Happy Anniversary dessert at dinner. We drank hot chocolate on the deck and watched the sun set (the ocean is a little freaky at night).

Say Goodbye:


We got to San Diego the next morning and I was jumping out of my seat because I was so anxious to see our little baby boy. (Yes, we are crazy for leaving him behind for 5 days) Thank you Grandma, Aunt Carie and Gavin for watching him while we were away. He had so much fun with you guys! It was so hard to leave him but I knew that he was is good hands.

All in all, it was an awesome vacation and we would definitely cruise again. I don't know about Mexico though. Next time we will probably try the Caribbean and we will definitely bring Tysen with us...It was too hard not to see him everyday.





I don't remember what night this was but I ate snail! I know really nasty! But I wanted to prove it to some people so here it is! Dan, of course would not even look at the stuff. The snail was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be.

2 comments:

Alison Hall said...

You are a brave girl! Snail? Really? I'm sorry girl, but I am with Dan on this one...

Unknown said...

AWESOME! I'm so glad that you had fun. Did you get an awesome handbag??? I was totally laughing at the title because it's so true! You look like a super-model, btw!!