Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This is Why I was Late

Tysen and I were running late this morning. I was rushing around changing diaper, feeding breakfast, picking out clothes, makeup, hair, teeth, seat belt, diaper bag....(you get the picture). We finally get in the car and off we go to keep our appointment.
On the corner (coming out of my street) There is a little ranch and the horses were out today...up close and personal! I was about to drive by when from the back seat I hear a little animal sound. It wasn't quite a horse sound (more like and elephant) but my little Ty-man recognized the animals and I could not pass up the opportunity to let him see them up close (I mean he went through the trouble to mimic the sound and everything....what is a Mom to do?)
So we pull over and He was so excited to get out and see these big animals that came right up to him and sniffed his face, hands, hair. He was in awe of these creatures.
These are the kinds of reasons I might make an exception to be late.
To watch my son petting these horses and being so excited made me realize that it is ok to stop and take a breath for a while and to enjoy each other, instead of rushing here and there all the time. It certainly wasn't the end of the world if we missed our appointment...but I was certain it would've been the end of the world had I not allowed my son this new experience to pet the horses.
And we still made it to our appointment (fairly) on-time.

Sticking his tongue out!

Ty petting the nice horsey

One eye on the camera


Kissing!


Up Close and Personal!

What are you lookin at Lady!

7 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Oh, I love it! I really needed to hear the part about slowing down and taking the time to make memories. I feel like I am always running here and there and often don't take the time. But I will from now on!

Annie said...

It's the little things that count. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

that'll do pig...that'll do!

The Lingo Family said...

What a moment you caught. So wonderful to enjoy things like this. Thanks for sharing.:)

Kristen said...

That is priceless! Good job Crystal.

Veronica and Johnnie said...

THANKS FOR SHARING! WE ALL NEED TO STOP AND SMELL THE HORSES..I MEAN ROSES..=)

Todd + Emily said...

That is the cuttest. I love that he recognized the animal and started making the noise SO CUTE!!!!