Friday, January 15, 2010

All That Matters is...He Thinks He is Helping

I was cleaning out the pantry and It was one of those times that I was so focused, I blocked out all other sounds from my brain.
Tysen was in the kitchen with me but I did not notice the work that he was doing. He was very busy as well.
He opened the dish washer and decided to unload it. I caught him in the middle of putting away the silverware (yes, even the knives) in the silverware drawer. He knew exactly where those went. He just wasn't tall enough to sort them.
He took out the plates too. After opening several cupboards, I guess, he figured that the plates didn't belong in any of the cupboards that he had opened because he eventually put them on the dining room table.
Even though I had to put all of the dishes where they really belonged, it was so sweet to see all the effort he put into putting the dishes away in, what he thought, was the right spot.
(please let this be a permanent trait of his)
I couldn't ask for anymore.

3 comments:

anderson.fam said...

Oh Tysen, you're the greatest! What a good helper!

Drago Family said...

Awesome, I don't care for the child labor laws, so if you want to lend him out I could use the help around the house as well. \"/

Crystal said...

Ya Sarah, he even vaccums and everything! :-)